07 December, 2009

Back!


If you have been following Michael's Weekly Roundups, and noticing the empty space between them, then you know the blog has been in something of a slump. Props to Michael, once again, for keeping the wheel turning in my absence.

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

As many of you know, life throws curve balls every now and then, and the last month has not been the exception to the rule. Law school applications, tooth infections, domestic partnerships, and work have all conspired to occupy that time of the day usually reserved for blog business. Well, you will be happy to know that things are changing!

Over the next week the blog will steam back up to its usual posting schedule, and within the next month I hope to have at least a post per day. No promises, but thats the plan, and at this point it seems totally manageable. So, excluding any more nasty curve balls, expect to see at the minimum 1 review, 1 roundup, 1 giveaway, and 1 editorial a week. Variety, after all, is the spice of life.

Oh, and lest I forget, we will also be starting a new feature on the blog in the near future. Also, you can now expect a number of top ten lists contributed by expert residents of the speculative fiction blogosphere. So, if you have a niche for which you are comfortable generating a top ten list, let us know! The first top ten list to go up will be Dark Fantasy, and it promises to be a good one.

Thanks for staying with us, sorry for the down time, and stay with us for some nifty posts in the near future. Go blogging!

7 comments:

ediFanoB said...

Hey Alec,
I think you found the right words.

Life is like a pendulum which swings from one side to the other side. As soon as it stops everything ends.

Alec proposed several things. I can tell you don't miss tomorrow's post. Bona Fide has a dream.... a dozen....

Anonymous said...

LOLOL! We are both working towards getting a post written daily, only from different angles. I am trying to scale back from my four a day to one a day.

ediFanoB said...

J. Kaye,

there is a relation between the time you can spend for a post and the number of posts you can deliver.

I can't imagine how write four posts a day. I'm quite happy when I can deliver one or two posts per week. And I must admit when every blogger posts four posts a day I had to stop following blogs.

Anyway good luck for scale back!

Anonymous said...

ediFanoB - It comes from being seriously hyper. ;) I have to actually burnout before I can change or move on. The end of 2009 hit just that phase and I am able to focus on a schedule. The family has been shocked I've lasted this long. Normally I'll play with a new hobby for about six months and then move on. Blogging has stuck for some reason.

ediFanoB said...

J.Kaye,
burnout doesn't sound good.
I really hope you find an appropriate way to continue blogging.
For me blogging is a bit more than just post some content. I would like to do more but I know my limits (with a job and an own family you get other priorities) :-)

From my experience I can tell you that very often less is more ;-)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm still working up to daily posts, so don't feel bad. Life happens!

bloggeratf said...

Thanks for the kind words guys and girls.

Kaye, my posts are generally fairly dense. A review takes me at least two hours and unless I am just sending out some link love then you can count on at least an hour. I like to think of it as each word having weight.

Alex, I'm there with you. I'll bet you a book for the first consistent month of daily posting! Deal?