17 September, 2010

Book Challenge Update

Alright, we already have a few reviews going up regarding the book challenge. So far ... not so good.


Tyson's Review: The Last Stormlord (Moderate to Mostly Fail)

Ryan's Review: Here Be Demons (Uninteresting Fail) (The review is very interesting)

My review: Flight to the Savage Empire (Extreme Fail)

The only real positive so far is that crappy books tend to have some really awesome covers. :D

Thanks to those who've taken on the challenge. Let me know if you have the guts to take on a book you've never heard of by an author you've never met (in prose form) and I'll link to your reviews whether blog, Goodreads, LibraryThing, etc.

Looks like we're still looking for the "diamonds in the rough" because so far we've only got ... rough or whatever's worse than that - sludge?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the book I read for this challenge. I feel lucky that I didn't get saddled with any total trash.

Bryce L. said...

Did you already post the review? That's good that there will be one non-fail. :D

Jamie Gibbs said...

I'll have to give this a go, though my luck with such things rarely goes well :P Still, it's an awesome experiment :)

Anonymous said...

Mine was mostly sludge but I did finally finish it. I'll post a review later.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should have a bad cover reading challenge...

Bryce L. said...

@jamie - Thanks man, I can't wait to see how it goes. I'm crossing my fingers that you'll be an exception like Sarah.

@wight - Great idea, that can only end up awesome. :D

Nathaniel Katz said...

I'll try to remember to pick up something strange next time I'm in the bookstore, though the success rate has me a bit worried.

Bryce L. said...

@Hat - It's not looking to good is it?

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

I'm working on my review now. I am hoping to get it up here soon. Sorry to hear there where so many fail books here. But a great challenge in all.