08 September, 2010

It's News To Me #23

I was able to find out this past weekend that once you're a parent, vacations are no longer so relaxing. They actually involve much less sleep, much more crying (by children and parents), and lots of irritability. Boy am I getting old.

Cover Art


A problem I have with these e-covers is that I automatically compare them to the Sweet covers and think - Awesome, I love it!

Is it actually true? I genuinely think so, but I still worry that my perception is skewed.

News

The Hugo Award winners are in and surprisingly there was a tie for best novel:
Best Novel: TIE - “The City & The City” by China MiĆ©ville (Del Rey; Macmillan UK) & “The Windup Girl” by Paolo Bacigalupi (Night Shade)
Check out the rest of the winners here.

Kamvision's back up and running after Jason Baki took a bit of a hiatus. Looking forward to some great reviews/articles/interviews with his typical focus on horror and dark fantasy.

Everyone's doing it




I haven't actually watched this trailer for Towers of Midnight by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson (yes, I'm still on book 6 - with reread plans for next year), but everyone else is posting it. :)

And that's the news...at least to me.

6 comments:

BStearns said...

That ebook cover is much, much better than the hard copy cover. I haven't read any of the Wheel of Time series, but I've heard mixed things so I don't know if I want t pick it up. We shall see I guess.

Jamie Gibbs said...

I really don't understand why they chose such a low quality cover image for the hard copy (by comparison) than the eBook. The ecopy has a dynamic quality that the hard copy simply lacks.

Bryce L. said...

Well, unlike many series' lately, they're sticking with the artwork they had from the beginning. I'm guessing part of the reason is because people recognize it and automatically buy it.

But...they're...so...bad...it...hurts.

Anonymous said...

Yay! I just got my copy of The City & The City today. I can't wait to read it! The Wind-up Girl is also on my to read list. Now if only I could finish that pesky Jonathan Strange book ;)

ediFanoB said...

I promise, I will not post the Towers of Midnight trailer :-)

Bryce L. said...

@writerly - It is quite the beast, hope you're still enjoying it though? Looking forward to your reviews on The City and the City and The Windup Girl.

@edi - But you have to! Everyone and I mean everyone is doing it. :D